Country Kids: Chick Chick Chicken!!

This morning, Thomas, Stuart and I went to Beckett's Farm to see the baby animals and the chicks hatching. We saw sheep, calves, pigs, goats, donkeys and chickens. Thomas was not sure what to make of the pigs, chickens and donkeys. The chicks were very sweet and Thomas enjoyed seeing them. He liked the sheep as they did not move round so much. I think next year will be even better as Thomas will understand more. The farm was very busy so we did not stay quite as long as we would of liked but will definitely be back soon :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

15 thoughts on “Country Kids: Chick Chick Chicken!!

• March 30, 2013 at 12:45 am

I remember going to Brocketts farm when my children were around Thomas’s age. I think it was much smaller and quieter back then but great for a summer’s day out with a picnic. It looks like they are well into their lambing there. Thomas’s face is a picture with the chick, just waiting for ours to hatch too, the perfect Easter arrival! Thanks for linking up.

• March 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Gosh how lovely, I so hope we manage to get a farm this Spring (if Spring ever actually arrives of course)! x

• March 30, 2013 at 9:10 pm

how cute is that chick? Looks like he is maybe not to sure what to make of it :) So many animals to see looks like fun.

• Pingback: My Week That Was (W/E 30th March 2013) | Jo's Nursery

• March 31, 2013 at 11:09 pm

awww this is such a lovely post. the photo of Thomas looking at the baby chick takes me back to this time last year when my two met some for the first time and saw some being hatched. cute x

• April 1, 2013 at 11:24 pm

That pig is quite magnificent, and the calves very cute. Did he enjoy the chicks, did he stroke them?

Nipping over from the Country Kids linky.

• April 2, 2013 at 6:35 am

He didn’t stroke the chicks. Just looked at them wondering what they were. Thomas was fascinated by them